We all want to make a difference in the world. We want to know that our lives matter, that our presence on earth has meaning and purpose. I can assure you that you have a Divine assignment –an important mission to fulfill. The first step in discovering and fulfilling this mission, is to take a leadership role in your life. - From Stand up For your Life by Cheryl Richardson
The experts have told us that pausing several times during the day to reframe our thoughts will truly allow us to live our best life. The challenge is that we don’t know HOW to do this. How can we remember to remember?
What if you received a gentle reminder several times throughout the busy day to pause and give special focus and meaning to your thoughts? A quiet moment that does not require significant effort…. If you could pause more during each day and give meaning to that pause… wouldn’t that help you to pay attention to the truly important things in life and the things that matter most? Wouldn’t it draw you closer to who you really want to be? How better would you feel about your actions or reactions at the end of the day, knowing that you were able to consciously take those moments to pause? At the end of the day, you will have lived your best and most purposeful day from pausing several times to reflect and redirect your thoughts on what will help you to be a better person and help the people around you.
Some ideas on how to use your pause for “Self:”
• Perform a random act of kindness
• Give thanks for anything around you, your health, your job, your family, your friends
• Pray – 5 seconds – 5 minutes – 30 minutes!
• Positive affirmation: Say something nice to YOURSELF
• Take a few deep cleansing breaths
• Eat something healthy
• Forgive yourself for not being perfect or forgive someone else
• Decide what you can do without and give it to someone in need
• Reflect on the abundance in your life
• Push out negative thoughts and replace them with a positive thought
• Remind yourself of your goals for the day
• Self check – are you being the best person you can be?
If we want a life filled with goodness and blessings, we must be inconstant state of gratitude…for only a grateful heart can experience a life of deep fulfillment and meaning - Cindy Graham