When you are in this present moment, you break the continuity of your story, of past and future. Then true intelligence arises, and also love. The only way love can come into your life is not through form, but through that inner spaciousness that is Presence. - Eckhart Tolle - Stillness Amidst the World
The experts have told us that pausing several times during the day to reframe our thoughts will truly allow us to live our best life. The challenge is that we don’t know HOW to do this. How can we remember to remember?
What if you received a gentle reminder several times throughout the busy day to pause and give special focus and meaning to your thoughts? A quiet moment that does not require significant effort…. If you could pause more during each day and give meaning to that pause… wouldn’t that help you to pay attention to the truly important things in life and the things that matter most? Wouldn’t it draw you closer to who you really want to be? How better would you feel about your actions or reactions at the end of the day, knowing that you were able to consciously take those moments to pause? At the end of the day, you will have lived your best and most purposeful day from pausing several times to reflect and redirect your thoughts on what will help you to be a better person and help the people around you.
Some ideas on how to use your pause for “Present Moment:”
• Stop what you are doing – soak in the present moment – whatever is happening right then
• Push out negative, destructive thoughts – replace with positive uplifting thoughts
• Decide that you will only do one thing at a time – rather than doing 4 things at once
• Be still and know that He is God
• If you are eating, savor every bite and visualize the nutrients that the food provides your body
• Be aware of the people around you
• Focus your awareness on YOU. Are you being authentic at this present moment?
• Be conscious of your thoughts are they in the past, future or present? Live only in the present
• Stop what you are doing and be grateful for the beauty around you
• Are you at peace? Reflect on creating peace in your life – right now!
• Simply be
• Ask yourself if you are awake and aware
Living in the moment brings you a sense of reverence for all of life's blessings.- Oprah Winfrey