Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open. - B.K.S. Iyengar
The experts have told us that pausing several times during the day to reframe our thoughts will truly allow us to live our best life. The challenge is that we don’t know HOW to do this. How can we remember to remember?
What if you received a gentle reminder several times throughout the busy day to pause and give special focus and meaning to your thoughts? A quiet moment that does not require significant effort…. If you could pause more during each day and give meaning to that pause… wouldn’t that help you to pay attention to the truly important things in life and the things that matter most? Wouldn’t it draw you closer to who you really want to be? How better would you feel about your actions or reactions at the end of the day, knowing that you were able to consciously take those moments to pause? At the end of the day, you will have lived your best and most purposeful day from pausing several times to reflect and redirect your thoughts on what will help you to be a better person and help the people around you.
Some ideas on how to use your pause for “Health:”
• Take a deep and refreshing breath
• Reflect on the day and how you have taken care of yourself physically
• Get out of your chair and walk for a few minutes outside to clear your head
• Take this moment to re-visit your food intake today – are you eating healthy?
• Do something good for the health of your body or your mind
• Close your eyes for a moment and drop your shoulders, breathe and relax
• Grab the carrot this time and not the cookie
• Think of something that MAKES YOU SMILE….OR EVEN LAUGH!
• Take off your shoes and walk in the grass barefoot
• Drink a large glass of water
• Walk away from your work or computer and interact with someone near
If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want.- Elbert Hubbard
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.- Irish Proverb